EYrs Blog 7 2018
This time the children decided to make the playdough themselves, which led to some interesting experiments….
First we read the recipe and followed the instructions.
Time to add colour. Mikel chose red
After lots of stirring we saw it was too runny, so we thought about what to do……...
Luca chose to add more salt. Robby and Chicco decided to add more flour! Michelle wanted to join in but there wasn’t space
Fatima shared some of her playdough. They had great fun working as a team!
After lots of kneading it was finally ready to play with.
Here are a couple of recipes, just in case you would like to make playdough at home…
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups water
2 tablespoons oil
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Put the flour into a bowl
- Add the salt
- Add the water and mix
- Add the oil
- Add the cream of tartar
- Mix well and knead until it is smooth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar
1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food colouring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir, then knead until smooth.
- Store this dough in an airtight container