The New School Rome is a truly delightful place to work. The school is a member of the Council of British International Schools.
What we offer
- a high degree of classroom and departmental autonomy within a hard-working, friendly and uniquely democratic environment
motivated, high-achieving students in very small classes
a gorgeous environment close to Rome’s city centre.
a competitive salary scale and settling in allowance.
What we look for
- High academic and professional standards
The ability to inspire and enthuse students
Energy and enthusiasm for teaching.
Willingness to move beyond the immediate classroom to contribute to the school overall.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic PE teacher (with a desire/and or experience of being involved with SEND) to be part of our nurturing, highly successful international school (5-19).
The successful applicant will:
- be a qualified PE teacher who can demonstrate sustained outstanding practice and a commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children;
- have a passion for inclusion and an understanding of a range of behaviours and needs, with a desire to make a difference to children’s lives . SEND experience would be favourable.
- have experience of teaching PE to GCSE and an interest in teaching primary aged children.
- have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish positive working relationships with colleagues, parents and children through modelling very high levels of professionalism, commitment and integrity.
- have good organisational and time management skills.
In return, we can offer you:
- amazing children
- experience of working across phases,
- opportunities to develop your career and leadership skills through ongoing professional development,
- a supportive, dynamic and fun staff team,
- superb grounds and facilities,
- an opportunity to live and work in Rome.
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS Check at the appropriate level will be required prior to any offer of employment
“I joined the school with the idea of staying a couple of years, that was in 1998!”
New School Teacher